Guilt-free chocolate? Is there such a thing?
In my effort to turn over a new leaf in regards to my sweet-tooth, I’ve been on the hunt for sweet treats that I can enjoy guilt free. Let’s just say, it hasn’t been easy. I’m not into using sketchy chemical no-calorie sweeteners, and if it doesn’t taste good, what’s the point?
I was pleasantly surprised when I tasted this rich mousse.
Guilt-free Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- 3 squares unsweetened bakers chocolate
- 1 – aprox. 250 gram package of organic silken tofu
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 c. honey
- 2 tbsp milk
- pinch of salt
- Melt chocolate in the microwave or on the stove top. Don’t burn it like I did while chasing the kid.
- Dump everything into the food processor and whiz until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a bowl or individual servings. (espresso cups would be perfect) Chill.
This recipe is easily made vegan by using agave in place of honey and soy or almond milk in place of milk.
I also think it would be over the top with raspberry puree or a shot of espresso in place of the milk. In fact, I might try the espresso later today.
You can also pour this into a pie crust for a rich chocolate cream pie.