The Stanley Park Ecology Society (SPES) is a community-based not-for-profit organization with a mission to promote awareness of and respect for the natural world by playing a leadership role in the stewardship of Stanley Park through collaborative initiatives in education, research and conservation. SPES is seeking a highly motivated and organized Website Coordinator to guide the organization through a transition from one comprehensive website to another. The successful candidate will work closely with a web professional for initial guidelines, and all staff members thereafter to evaluate current content, edit and rewrite content, and transfer it to the new site. S/he will develop protocols for linkages, future uploads, and will work with staff to train them on direct maintenance.
If you are a strong writer and editor with a working knowledge of content management systems, specifically WordPress, we encourage you to apply. The ideal candidate will also have experience working with various social media platforms. Please see our website, http://www.stanleyparkecology.ca to learn more about our organization.
· Work with staff to evaluate current content with an eye to consolidating or downsizing content
· Edit and rewrite content to make it web-friendly
· Transfer content from current system to new content management system.
· Act as liaison between web developer, staff, and board members. This will involve attending staff and Board meetings to discuss the process
· Represent SPES on social media networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
· Update and create new web content as needed
· Other writing, editing and proofreading duties as assigned
· Minimum two years post-secondary education
· Excellent writing and editing skills
· Experience writing and editing for the web
· Experience working with content management systems such as WordPress and social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter
· Excellent oral communications skills
· Familiarity with ecological issues and context an asset
Funded in whole or part through the Canada-British Columbia Labour Market Development Agreement,this Job Creation Partnership position is only open to applicants who have been on EI in the past 3 years or to those who have collected EI on parental leave within the last 5 years. Please confirm in your cover letter.
Position: Full time contract 26 weeks; 5 days / 37.5 hours per week
includes 4 hours / week for Job exploration
Compensation: $468 / week
Start date: ASAP July, 2011
Location: Dining Pavilion second floor offices, Stanley Park,
Application deadline: July 4, 2011
How to apply: Mail or email only. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Patricia Thomson – Executive Director
Stanley Park Ecology Society
PO Box 5167 Vancouver, BC V6B 4B2
Put job title and your name in Subject Heading (eg. Web Coordinator – Jane Smith). Include both cover letter and resume in the same transmission. Confirm your eligibility under the wage subsidy stipulations. We thank all candidates but only those receiving an interview will be contacted.